Postdoc, developer or highly skilled PhD student
The Sleep, Cognition and Emotion group of Van Someren at the Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience devotes its research to the benefit of people suffering from insomnia, one of the most common and burdening disorders. The group has become internationally leading in insomnia research, by; addressing brain mechanisms, improving the accessibility of effective online interventions and enhancing citizen science through data collection in collaboration with the general public.
We are looking for someone devoted to collaborate in our research on insomnia, with strong competences in one or more of the following:
- Web-based surveying and online guided intervention;
- Web-based computerized assessment of cognition and emotion;
- Management and structuring of large amounts of scientific data ranging from surveys to brain imaging;
- Experience in python, linux, PHP, SURFsara systems, iRODS
- Some knowledge/experience with General Data Protection Regulation (AVG)
Depending on your skills and interest, you have at least some – and ideally many – of the following responsibilities and opportunities:
- further development of our Sleep Registry for web-based assessment and intervention
- develop new computerized assessment of cognition and emotion through internet
- keep in touch with the Sleep Registry participants, e.g. by newsletters prepared in collaboration with the research group
- solve the technical problems experienced by our Sleep Registry participants
- manage and structure of scientific data using iRODS on SURFsara systems
- help preparing and executing Data Management Plans
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage those who are underrepresented in neuroscience to consider our employment opportunities.
We are the country’s leading fundamental neuroscience research institute. The institute provides a critical mass of scientists in the neuroscience techniques, together with a dynamic multi-cultural environment. English is the working language of all research groups. Amsterdam is an internationally-oriented city and an attractive, progressive and easy-to-integrate environment. The research groups have members from more than 27 nations with backgrounds ranging from philosophy to engineering, but with an emphasis on biology and psychology.
We offer an exciting job at a dynamic research institute and an attractive package of fringe benefits. The position is for two years with a possibility for extension.
The salary is in accordance with the regulations for academic personnel. For a postdoc it will range from €32.508,- up to a maximum of €59.647 per year and for a PhD student from €32.447,- up to a maximum of €41.477,- per year. This annual salary is before tax, (including holiday and end of year allowance) based on a full-time appointment, and depending on expertise and previous experience. Gross monthly salaries are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement (CAO) for Dutch Universities.
Additionally, the housing department of the Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience assists foreign employees and students in finding accommodation.
As soon as possible
Application and time schedule
Applications should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A cover letter and a statement summarizing your research interests and motivation (max 1 page);
- A curriculum vitae including a complete list of publications and a list of your five best papers;
- Your previous research accomplishments and your future research goals (max 2 pages);
- The name and email addresses of up to three referees
The deadline for applications is 3 April 2020, but earlier application would be highly appreciated. Pre-selection of candidates will be completed 10 April 2020 by a gender-balanced panel. Applicants will be emailed about pre-selection outcomes by 17 April 2020. Pre-selected candidates will be invited for an interview.
Any acquisition further to this advertisement will not be appreciated